Friday 24 June 2005

Glastonbury Festival 2005

Lucky to get tickets? Possibly. Pleased to get tickets? Ecstatic! This was my second time at Glastonbury (my first was with Egg in 2003) and it didn't disappoint. Despite the site being like a quagmire for the Friday and Saturday, and me not arriving until 6pm on Friday due to work, we had a fantastic weekend. I arrived in time to see Doves on the Pyramid, and then spent the rest of the weekend popping in and out of various sets and comedy things. Key highlights were Brian Wilson and the Kaiser Chiefs, while for sheer random Glastonbury-ness it was fantastic to see Paul Merton, Phill Jupitus and Richard Vranch taking part in the Steven Frost Improv All-Stars. It was also the first time in about 3 years that I'd seen Rory, and a good few months since I saw Egg, so all in all it was an excellent weekend.

No comments: